December 12, 2017
Episode 14 is about Pete and Gretchen searching for “why” they set the goals they did in episode 13. Gretchen just couldn’t wait to talk it through. OK, no one believes that, it was all Pete.
If you get uncomfortable with a couple talking something through that they don’t necessarily agree upon, fair warning before you listen. The couple is fine by the end but there are some contentious times.
Anyway, they start out with a quick refresh of what happened over the three days since episode 13, which isn't much. There is a surprise gift Pete reveals. There is also a favorite recipe and, as promised, here it is:
This loaded cauliflower, made with butter, sour cream, chives, cheddar cheese and bacon, is the ultimate in low carb comfort food!
Servings: 6 people
• 1 pound cauliflower florets
• 4 ounces sour cream
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
• 2 slices cooked bacon crumbled
• 2 tablespoons snipped chives
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and add them to a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with cling film. Microwave for 5-8 minutes, depending on your microwave, until completely cooked and tender. Drain the excess water and let sit uncovered for a minute or two. (Alternately, steam your cauliflower the conventional way. You may need to squeeze a little water out of the cauliflower after cooking.)
2. Add the cauliflower to a food processor and process until fluffy. Add the butter, garlic powder, and sour cream and process until it resembles the consistency of mashes potatoes. Remove the mashed cauliflower to a bowl and add most of the chives, saving some to add to the top later. Add half of the cheddar cheese and mix by hand. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Top the loaded cauliflower with the remaining cheese, remaining chives and bacon. Put back into the microwave to melt the cheese or place the cauliflower under the broiler for a few minutes.
The discussion takes us through the "why" of the goals set in episode 13. Gretchen reveals she is more externally motivated. Pete doesn't understand as he is internally motivated. See where the disagreement comes in? In the end, they get each other and Pete, thankfully, learns a lesson.
Pete stumbles a few times in this one which they found funny and left in unedited. Gotta be authentic!
Please leave us a review on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Podbean or Stitcher!
Also, consider becoming a patron by clicking the Patron button at fatmanchronicles.podbean.com. Pete & Gretchen can’t offer much, but the shout out, good karma, and appreciation will make your life better!
Find FatMan Chronicles at:
Twitter & Instagram - @fatmanstories
Email – email@example.com
Music – “You Got Me Wrong” by Sifar